Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"Over There"

I just watched the first episode of "Over There" on F/X. I'm not impressed. It's certainly not this generation's "Platoon."
The acting was thin (I've seen better acting in Army training films), the plot (if you could even recognize one) was random, and everyone had a dorky nickname.
They got the uniforms correct, though. I'll give 'em that.
At least I don't have to worry about getting HouseholdSix to tape it for me while I'm gone.
update: my biggest beef was that the "battle-tested" NCO let one of his soldiers (the female who got shot taking a dump) sit outside his perimeter without sending someone to go find out what happened to her. It's part of our creed that we don't leave a fallen comrade. We certainly don't leave one of our folks to bleed out by herself without going to find out what happened to her.