Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Luxury to Protest

From Chrenkoff (hat tip: Blackfive), a marine named Marc Fencil (who gave up his his senior year at Ohio University to fight in Iraq) has some choice words for his fellow Ohio students who staged a recent "die-in" protest against the war. He's still in Iraq and writes back to the university paper.
At the risk of spoiling the article for you, I really like his parting shot to the protesters:
"at least you should sleep well tonight knowing that men wearing black facemasks and carrying AK-47s yelling 'Allahu Akbar' over here are proud of you and are forever indebted to you for advancing their cause of terror. While you ponder this, I'll get back to the real 'die-in' over here. I don't mind."

as my good buddy COL Nathan R. Jessup once said "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide. . . I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think..."